Below are some highlights from Edison Research’s Infinite Dial 2019 Survey, released in April, released in conjunction with Triton Media.
- Here are some takeaways from the slideshow.
- 20 million more Americans have listened to a podcast year over year.
- 14 million more Americans are WEEKLY podcast listeners year over year.
- 70% of Americans (197 million people) are aware of podcasting.
- 51% of Americans (144 million people) have listened to a podcast.
- 41% of podcast listeners make $75,000 or more annually.
- 80% of podcast listeners have attended college or gone further in education.
- Social media, internet searches, and word of mouth are the most common methods of podcast discovery.
- 78% of downloaded podcasts are listened to within 48 hours.
- Over 90% of listeners listen to most or all of a pod.
- People listen to podcasts to stay informed or be entertained.
- 54% of podcast listeners are more likely to consider a brand advertised in a podcast.
- Regular podcast listeners spend 28% of their time with audio on podcasts, compared to 24% on traditional radio.