Today, we open with Edison Research’s Infinite Dial Survey, released yesterday, with big numbers for podcasting:
- 212 million Americans (75%) are now familiar with the term “podcasting.”
- 155 million (55%) have listened to a podcast.
- 104 million (37%) are monthly podcast listeners.
- 68 million (24%) are weekly podcast listeners.
- On average, weekly podcast listening is up to 6 hours, 39 minutes.
- Weekly podcast listeners consume, on average, 6 podcasts per week.
- Monthly podcast consumers have grown 16% year over year, cresting 100 million Americans for the first time.
Next, some stories of our first full week working from home – my wife and I, in our little house that has become a shared workspace. While I realize the COVID-19 is dire for many people, we are trying to find humorous moments to keep our sanity. I share a few.
Finally, it’s easy, and almost reflexive, to cast aspersions on young people who aren’t taking this pandemic seriously. You can watch the spring breakers, or you can see this through the eyes (and words) of a very bright 18-year-old high school senior.
Contact Info for Jon Gay at JAG in Detroit Podcasts: